This post is also available in: עברית (Hebrew)
During the last three years, there has been a quantum leap in global UAV development and innovation: 80% of the patents published globally on the subject since 1990 were published between 2016-2018.
Ground and maritime unmanned systems fields have also demonstrated exceptional growth.
Learn more: Attend the seventh Conference and Exhibition on Unmanned Systems and Robotics – AUS&R 2019.
Representatives from government, leading defense industries, military, security forces and law enforcement, investors, and research centers will meet at the AUS&R 2019 Conference and Exhibition, that will be held on September 23, 2019 at the Lago Conference Center, Rishon LeZion west.
The conference organized by iHLS will include presentations by leading experts on all the aspects of unmanned systems technologies – drones and UAVs, UGVs, USVs, etc. These have transformed from future forces equipment into currently deployed systems that achieve outstanding accomplishments in the service of first responders, law enforcement, and the military around the globe.
In this innovative field, where Israel plays a world-leading role, advanced systems replace human teams in operation, saving lives, as well as time and resources.
The AUS&R Exhibition
The spectacular exhibition that is part of the conference will showcase outstanding technologies in the field of unmanned systems and robotics, and supplemental systems, as well as fascinating demonstrations.
The event is a unique opportunity for professional meetings between companies in the technological and defense industries, integrators, research and development organizations and leading academic institutions, in the field of unmanned systems globally and in Israel, as well as potential customers.
- Defense industry/security companies
- End-users – Sea, air and ground
- System integrators
- Technology leaders – CEOs, VP R&D, CTOs
- IT providers in infrastructure, ICT infrastructure providers
- IDF and security services’ technological units
- Academic researchers
- Algorithm developers, software engineers and hardware engineers
- Consulting firms
The Conference and Exhibition will deal with the latest trends in the unmanned vehicle market:
- Counter incendiary balloons measures – This unique challenge Israel has been facing has resulted in the development of new solutions, e.g. fire extinguishing drones, drones that distance the incendiary balloons from the perimeter, advanced surveillance and analytics measures for evaluating the scope of massive demonstrations, ballon threats and more.
- Tactical UAVs – the new generation of tactical UAVs integrates new avionics, sensors and payload solutions, harsh weather operation, improved ranges, etc. Israel’s leading innovative technologies were showcased this summer at the Le Bourget 2019 Air Show: IAI’s T-Heron, Elbit Systems’ Hermes 45 tactical UAVs, and more.
- Counter-UAV measures – The 2018 Gatwick Airport drone incident has accelerated the global development in the field. Some of the technologies are designed to take the drone down, others jam its communications with its operator. Among the systems are laser, jamming, radar and RF solutions for drone detection. Development efforts focus on measures against small drones, due to their proliferation.
- Human-machine interaction – Manned-unmanned teaming enhances the human teams, improves their performances and reduces risk for combatants and first responders. Avionics developments have facilitated these achievements.
- Pairing UAVs with manned aircraft and fighter jets – as a force multiplier and an additional defense and surveillance system. Recently, the concept has been demonstrated in leading industries’ technologies, such as Kratos’ Valkyrie UAV, Boeing’s Wingman, and the Airbus-Dassault cooperation.
- Swarm operation capabilities start a new warfare era. A group of aerial, ground or maritime vehicles operating simultaneously in coordination, inter-connected, serve for intelligence gathering, attacks and even massive armed attacks.
- Artificial intelligence – Learning-based AI integration in unmanned systems turns them into smart, independent systems with decision capabilities, and improves navigation and obstacle avoidance capabilities.
- Computerized vision – New developments enable obstacle detection, mobility at challenging light and weather conditions, etc.
- Last mile solutions – the development of unmanned aerial and ground systems for the delivery of last mile vital supplies, fuel and ammunition to dangerous regions, e.g. battlefields or in the aftermath of a disaster.
- Civilian, autonomous urban transportation – drones for package delivery, passenger taxi, and driverless cars have been rapidly developing in the smart city environment.
- Power and propulsion solutions – These capabilities influence the UAV’s endurance, payload weight, etc. Innovative energy sources include electric, solar, hybrid, and hydrogen fuel cells.
- Sensors – Cutting-edge infrared and night vision solutions, laser sensors (LiDAR), etc. alongside advances in smart analytics of data from cameras and the real-time fusion of information have brought about quantum leap in this field. Use cases include obstacle avoidance – sense and avoid systems.
- Geospatial – Controlling and navigating unmanned systems, path planning, navigation in GPS-denied environments are only a few of the challenges. Advanced technologies have been developed for mapping, geofencing, managing airspaces shared by manned and unmanned vehicles, etc.
- Maritime arena – USVs and UUVs have been deployed in various combat missions, low signature intelligence and surveillance, civilian and climate research. Recent propulsion and energy, radar and sensor solutions have extensively improved the capabilities of the unmanned systems.
- Ground systems and robots – Miniaturization, smart technologies integration, and more, have been leveraging unmanned vehicles for various missions – combat, urban and underground operation, search and rescue. Recently, missions have been expanded from mine and IED detection to CBRN materials detection.
For more details on presentation/ booth/ sponsorship: [email protected]