This post is also available in: עברית (Hebrew)
- Secretary of State John Kerry urge world powers to unite against “the cancer f ISIS”, saying the only way to defeat tem is for the world to come together to oppose them.
- Saudi’s King Abdullah says the threat of terrorism would reach Europe and the US if it is not confronted on an international scale.
- The US has begun delivering $20 million worth arms to the Lebanese army, including assault rifles, anti-tank missiles and mortars. The supply of arms began after Islamist extremists seized a border town for several days this month.
- Iceland told airlines to be vigilant following a volcanic eruption this weekend. Iceland’s Met Office issues an orange alert, indicating that the Barbarbunga volcano has shown “escalating unrest”.
- Hundreds of Yazidi women and girls are being sold by ISIS to its fighters in Syria, says the Syrian Observatory of Human Rights, a UK based monitoring group. CNN reports ISIS has sold about 300 Yazidi girls and women abducted in Iraq.
- The West African country of Senegal has confirmed its first Ebola case. Senegal is the fifth country in the region where the virus has been spreading.
- Ukranian forces claim one of its fighter jets has been shot by Russian missiles in eastern Ukraine on Friday. The statement the SU-25 jet was hit and the pilot has ejected unhurt. The EU is now considering imposing new sanctions against Russia.