This post is also available in: עברית (Hebrew)
The C-Dome Naval Point Defense System is designed to effectively protect combat vessels against a large set of modern threats. C-Dome handles saturation attacks by engaging multiple targets simultaneously. Reaction time is very short and enables automatic and semi-automatic engagements.
C-Dome components include a multi-round launcher assembly loaded with vertically-launched canisterized interceptors. The launcher is installed under the ship deck.
C-Dome utilizes the ship’s own surveillance radar and does not require a dedicated Fire Control Radar. Weapon System Command and Control is seamlessly integrated with the ship’s combat management system, facilitating system operation.
C-Dome uses the combat-proven Iron Dome interceptor that has already achieved more than 1200 successful interceptions.
Interceptors are maintenance-free, and are stored in a sea-proof canister. Up to 10 interceptors can be loaded into a modular Vertical Launcher Unit.
Interceptors are vertically launched with unrestricted 360° azimuth coverage. The highly advanced warhead ensures high kill probability against a wide range of targets. The C-Dome interceptor is extremely agile and with a high rate-of-turn enabling intercepting of even the most maneuverable targets. Its state-of-the-art proximity fuze maximizes lethality and its powerful warhead ensures target destruction.
C-Dome has a small footprint and can be integrated on small ships, including OPVs and small Corvettes.
- High Firepower
- Enables ships to effectively engage current and future high- performance threats
- Unrestricted 360° circular coverage
- Operation in both blue and littoral water
- Very high probability of kill
- Simultaneous engagement of multiple targets
- Commonality with the combat- proven Iron Dome system.
- Vertical launch
- Unrestricted 360° azimuth coverage
- Maintenance-free ten cell launcher
- All interceptors ready for instant firing
- Short reaction time
- Interceptor high rate-of-turn
- Automatic and semi-automatic engagement
- Advanced warhead for high kill probability against a large range of targets
- Modular system architecture enables easy integration with any existing or desired configuration of modern combat system.