This post is also available in: עברית (Hebrew)
The Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) NEGEV NG7 7.62mm is becoming more and more popular among anti terror units.
The NEGEV NG7 is very reliable under adverse and extreme environmental conditions. It has been selected by the IDF (Israel Defense Forces).
The NEGEV NG7 is based on the NEGEV 5.56mm LMG and is designed to meet the modern battlefield demands and has been battle proven all over the world.
The NEGEV NG7 is the only LMG 7.62mm with semi-automatic mode, enhancing its use also in CQB (Close Quarter Battle) operations safely.
The 7.62mm Light Machine Gun fires from an open bolt position and is drum fed.
The weapon includes the IWI ELOG component, which is an innovative computer based, light weapons inventory control and maintenance tool for field maintenance level.
The NEGEV NG7 includes:
– a semi-automatic mode that enables accurate and fast controlled fire for close quarter battle
– an automatic mode that allows maximum firepower for infantry combat
• Four safety mechanisms that minimize the chances of uncontrolled fire
• The NEGEV NG7 can be fired from a variety of mounts, special helicopter airborne mount, vehicle or sea crafts mounts
• The NEGEV NG7 has a gas regulator for additional power in adverse conditions
• The NEGEV NG7 is fed from an assault drum or belt chain
• Tritium night sights are installed enabling firing in dim light conditions
• The NEGEV NG7 bipod is extremely robust and durable
• The NEGEV NG7 is equipped with picatinny rails for optical devices and other accessories
• The NEGEV NG7 can be quickly dismantled in the field for maintenance